And just like that…. the first half of the season has disappeared!! Here is a quick update from our February meeting:
- We thank you for your understanding in regards to the Thursday closures that were recently announced. Our team is working at full steam and the fifth operating day just wasn’t manageable with current staffing levels. As mentioned, Thursdays will be re-evaluated over March break but we aren’t able to make any promises at this time.
- As before, proof of COVID-19 vaccination is NOT mandatory to ski at Shames Mountain. It is, however, mandatory for access to food and drink service in the lodge and on the sundeck. We will be following all provincial recommendations and will update you if anything changes. Please refer to our website for updates as they are available.
- We are in an OK position financially but skier visits are down 17%. Here’s hoping for top notch spring conditions as we slide into the second half of the season!
- A plan for lodge expansion and improvements is in the works. We will tie our accessibility project into these changes. If you would like to get involved in this project please contact Caitlin DuBiel.
- A proposal for future terrain expansion is also underway. This will be a member driven initiative and will require lots of help!! Please reach out to Stephen Salem if you would like to get involved.
- COVID restrictions seem to be loosening a little bit which means we MIGHT be able to celebrate our 30 years on Shames Mountain and 10 years as MMC! Please reach out to Caitlin DuBiel if you are interested in helping us to plan something!
- The ribbon cutting ceremony for our conveyor lift has been postponed until next season when we will be able to show off the finished product with shiny new siding!
Thanks for reading MMC! Keep those fingers and toes crossed for more snow!!