Membership is the foundation of any co-operative. As a non-profit community service co-operative, My Mountain Co-op is proud to have over 1,300 members with more people joining every year.
Memberships are available anytime through our website, in the Shames Mountain office in Terrace, or at Shames Mountain during our operating season.
Buy your membership today!
Please choose from one of the following options. You will be redirected to PayPal where you can pay via a PayPal account or credit card.
- Individual Membership – $299 and entitle the member to all the benefits of membership.
- Business Membership – $599 and the ideal way for businesses to show their support for our community resource, MMC/Shames Mountain. Business memberships have all the perks of individual membership plus the public listing of their business on our website, MMC/Shames Mountain, and Shames Mountain Lodge.
- Junior Shredder Membership – for youth under 16 years of age. Pro-rated according to age, however, requires an annual fee of $18.69 to be a current member. A junior shredder member can enjoy all the benefits of membership with the exception of voting. When a junior shredder reaches the age of 16, they become a full member of the co-operative.
- Best Friend Contribution Packages – designed on an individual basis businesses, societies, groups and/or corporations who want to donate a larger amount. Please click here for more information.
- Annual discount – members receive a $100 discount on the purchase of their seasons pass
- Voting rights at the AGM
- You own part of a mountain
- Part of first ever non-profit community service ski co-operative in Canada
- Helping keep Shames Mountain open and running, an important community and regional resource that contributes to healthy and fun recreation
As a member of a co-operative, there is a responsibility to the organization that you have chosen to support with your enrolment. Membership involves degrees of both ownership and of participation in decision-making. As a MMC member you are asked to:
Participate in the election by either voicing your choice for the Board of Directors and/or becoming a director yourself.
Communicate your voice, your ideas, your resource availability to one of your Board of Directors.
Stay informed about the co-operative advantage and Shames Mountain’s health. Read our communications, investigate other co-operative and encourage others to become members.
Get involved and contribute what resources you have-knowledge, funds, equipment, and any and all talents. All contributions are important; contributions such as caring for a child while a member attends a meeting or takes a few turns on the hill, monetary contributions at any time are always useful, turning an idea into reality, and/or volunteering for a committee or work crew. If you can think of how you can help, the MMC Board of Directors will try to make it possible.
Share our story with your friends, family and work. The better educated our community becomes the stronger our co-operative will become.