Hope you’re staying warm out there, MMC!! We’d like to start off this month with a warm welcome to Amelia Andrews, the newest member of the MMB Board! Amelia is a Registered Professional Planner working for the District of Kitimat-Stikine. She is a long time MMC member and we are thrilled to have her join us. More about Amelia will soon be available on our website!
Here is your final Mountain Memo of 2021:
- It’s been a great start to the season! The conveyor lift is being well used and tubing is now open. There will be a ribbon cutting ceremony this spring, stay tuned for details!
- We continue to work on staffing a full roster. Most notably, we still need a snowcat operator, a full time lift operator and kitchen staff!!
- As of right now, proof of COVID-19 vaccination is NOT mandatory to ski at Shames Mountain. It is, however, mandatory for access to food and drink service in the lodge and on the sundeck. We will be following all provincial recommendations and will update you if anything changes. Please refer to our website for updates as they are available.
- Three cheers for the new parking lot!! Thank you for your patience, we are thrilled to have this lot up and running! Please respect the one-way traffic guidelines (up in the AM and down in the PM) and 4×4 only policy.
- Camping is restricted to the lower lot. Tow-behind trailers are not allowed for safety reasons.
- A plan for lodge expansion and improvements is in the works. We will tie our accessibility project into these changes.
- A proposal for future terrain expansion is also underway. This will be a member driven initiative and will require lots of help!! Please reach out to Stephen Salem if you would like to get involved.
- We celebrated Denis Rowse Retro Day on December 21st. Denis’ family unveiled a chair sign and laughs and memories were shared about one of MMC’s dearest founding members.
- Stay tuned for details about the ribbon cutting ceremony for our conveyor lift later this season!
Happy holidays MMC! Bundle up and shred on!