Many of you have been enquiring about overnight parking in our lots over spring break. During the course of the winter, the overnight parking community was largely comprised of folks who live more than an hour drive from Shames, and may be trying to avoid the extra mileage and time to ski multi day weekends. With the start of Spring Break, we expect the overnight parking community to grow considerably. In light of this expected growth and in order to meet our duty of care, we were left with two options.
1. Develop a safe overnight parking plan.
2. Completely ban overnight parking.
We have of course decided to go for Option 1. Please be the reason this activity is permitted to continue. A full update of our overnight parking rules and regulations will be available on our website and social media on Friday the 12th. Those planning to overnight park during Spring Break should be expected to:
- Overnight Park in Lower Parking Lot only.
- Purchase a $5 per night overnight parking pass (for contact tracing purposes, registering your vehicle and its passengers at ticket office, the fee will cover the extra monitoring expense).
- Not visit inside anyone else’s vehicle/camper.
- Wear face coverings at all times in the parking lots.
- Be prepared to leave immediately if informed of a high likelihood of access road closure.
PHO orders have been amended as of Thursday March 11, to allow for social gatherings outside, of up to 10 people. “People should not be gathering in new groups of people, but rather should continue to stick to a single core bubble of individuals. Meet outdoors, keep your distance, and wear a mask!” As per Dr. Bonnie Henry, PHO
My Recreational Mountain Cooperative, Shames Mountain
This is Our Mountain, Come Join Us!