Happy New Year MMC!
Short and sweet (and a little bit late), here are your January updates:
- Skier visits are on par with last year in spite of a low snowpack and less than favourable conditions. Way to get after it MMC! Surely this has got to be one way to appease the powder gods!
- We are still investigating options for a small bobcat or other machine to improve sand loading safety and efficiency.
- Thank you to Terrace Community Forest for granting us $10 000 that will be put towards the purchase of a replacement snowmobile for next year.
- We continue to be short staffed in a number of areas – please contact our main office if you are interested in applying!
- Our snowcat operators are doing a fantastic job laying down silky smooth groomers each day to create a great ski experience even without the fresh pow! Come get your blood pumping on some zippy groomers!
- No major changes to our parking policy this year. Overnight parking continues to be restricted to the lower lot. No tow behind trailers due to safety concerns.
- The upper lot will continue to be 4×4 access and one way traffic only (up before 1pm, down after).
- We are looking for volunteers to assist with a fundraising subcommittee. If you are interested, please contact Stephen Salem.
- We are actively advancing an important behind the scenes project. This Combined Heat and Power (CHP) system will capture waste heat from our diesel generators and transfer it to the new in-floor heating system of our maintenance buildings. Eventually heat will also be transferred to the lodge where a boiler and radiant heating systems have previously been installed. This heat redistribution initiative will reduce operating costs and our reliance on hydrocarbons (plus the related emissions)! We have a couple of grant applications in on this one….. Keep your fingers crossed!
- The Shred Carpet grand opening has been postponed due to low snow which has prevented us from getting the last little bit of exterior finishing completed. Keep your eyes open for this event which will help to recognize the stakeholders who made this project possible.
- We are organizing a Pride Day at the end of February to celebrate diversity and inclusion at the mountain! If you would like to get involved please click HERE to provide us with your information!
Keep your powder prayers pumping!