Hello MMC and welcome back! It’s been a chilly start to the season but, with plenty of the white stuff in the forecast, things are looking up!
We’d like to start with a huge thank you to Stephen Salem who officially completed five years on the MMC board. So much has changed since Steve began with MMC and his leadership to navigate the many projects we have had on the go was integral. Thanks for all of your great ideas and your persistence in bringing a number of different initiatives towards completion. The one and only Kelly Gingles has replaced Steve as board chair.
Now for your first Memo of the season!
- Lifts started spinning early this year but we had to make the decision to close for a few days over the past week due to extreme cold. It’s simply too risky to run an old lift in such chilly temps! A breakdown could mean serious cold related injuries in a matter of minutes. We thank you for understanding and we look forward to having everyone back up there as things warm up and start DUMPING!
- We had a successful staff training weekend and as we kick off the season, we welcome new and returning staff members from many corners of the world! There is no Shames without these awesome folks and we are still looking to fill a few positions. If you or someone you know is interested, please reach out to our main office!
- We are in need of a small bobcat or tractor to load sand in our maintenance building. Threading the needle with the big loader feels a litttttle too risky for the long term. Let us know if you have any leads!
- Thank you to the group who reached out with concerns over the new Uphill Policy. We appreciate feedback from our members and we are always keen to hear your ideas and suggestions for tangible solutions. Your concerns were received and reviewed at the December board meeting. We will be in touch with our thoughts soon!
- There are no major changes to our parking policy this year. Overnight parking continues to be restricted to the lower lot. No tow behind trailers due to safety concerns.
- The upper lot will continue to be 4×4 access and one way traffic only (up before 1pm, down after).
- Big lessons learned over the past few years include the importance of thorough project scoping. In order to facilitate success with future project development, we hope to have a professional base area master plan completed with grant money in the near future. Having this scoped by industry professionals will provide us with a detailed vision for future projects and growth over the next many years. We aren’t just a baby anymore!
- We are looking for volunteers to assist with a fundraising subcommittee. If you are interested, please contact Stephen Salem.
- A grand opening for the Shred Carpet is planned for early 2023. Keep your eyes open for this event which will help to recognize the stakeholders who made this project possible.
- Thank you to Kayleen and Unbound for the successful return of the Shred Ready where over $5000 was raised and donated to the hill!
- The Outdoor Artist Collective will be hosting the Sima Festival in Terrace from Jan 18th to 22nd. Watch their site for details as they come available!
Happy holidays MMC! Bundle up and shred on!