See ya later 22-23!
A MASSIVE, HUMONGOUS, GIGANTIC THANK YOU to managers and supervisors Christian, Mike, Robin, Adrien, Gabriel, Cori, Cam and the rest of our amazing team this year. You have done it again and we appreciate you!!!
Your final memo of the operational year, MMC!
- We were all-round pretty lucky this year. Robin and the outdoor ops team kept things running smoothly and we were able to finish out the year without any major breakdowns.
- Thank you to Mike and the indoor operations team as well as Cori and the kitchen staff for keeping the poutines pumping and the tasty beverages flowing! It was great to have everyone back inside this year with food & beverage service beginning to feel a little more like the good old days. Not to mention how nice it was to have the “covid dividers” come down in Galloways.
- Skier visits were down in March which leaves us a little further behind financially than we were expecting.
- Over the summer months we will continue to wrap up a number of the larger projects that have been underway for the past few years.
- It is still top secret, but we just found out that we were awarded a significant grant specifically directed at long term planning for future capital projects. Stay tuned for a formal announcement!
- A member-led solar power project will be underway this summer to upgrade the solar power system that our caretaker relies on over the summer. Check out their website where some very cool hoodies are available for purchase to help fund the initiative: Step 3 Project – Shames Mountain.
- Our annual Poker Run was a huge success with nearly 200 participants! A huge thanks to Northern Savings Credit Union, Ascent Coffee, Terrace Yoga Studio, J&F Distributors, and Sherwood Mountain Brewhouse for sponsoring the poker stations!
- Thanks to Unbound for their ongoing support. The Rail Jam was a riot! We have got some UNBELIEVABLY talented young skiers at our mountain.
- Conditions were touch and go for the Wheelhouse Brewing Company Slush Cup on closing day but the skies parted just in the nick of time to create the perfect slip/slide ratio for competitors to absolutely crush it!
- Another successful round of the Shames Mountain Ski Club Mini Races again showcased the incredible talent of our youngest members. So much fun to see these kiddos progressing every year!
- Reach out if your business is looking for fun ways to gain exposure through sponsoring an event at Shames! We are always open to new ideas!
Hot off the press!!! On Monday May 15th we will launch our first ever !THANK YOU SALE! – Season passes will be available for last year’s super early bird pricing. Get ‘em while they’re hot!
If now isn’t the right time for you, we will have our standard season pass sale over the summer. This year we hope to offer a monthly payment plan to make the investment a little bit more attainable. Watch Facebook and your emails for additional information.
Thanks for keeping it real MMC – most definitely, we have something special going on up here. Each and every one of you is part of it!