As many of you know, a heavy rain event has hit our beloved ski hill on Sunday January 28th. The effects were significant.
With the lower mountain snowpack being as saturated as it is, we regret to have to inform you that we will need to pause operations for Thursday and Friday, February 1st, and 2nd until either the temperatures drop, or we receive some new snow.
As of today, the temperature drop has begun, and we have some snowfall in the forecast for later in the week. We are planning on being able to re-open and operate on Saturday and Sunday February 3rd and 4th.
Our previous water mitigation efforts have saved us from catastrophic devastation; however, they need some touch ups, and repairs ahead of the weekend. It was sad to hear of other ski hills who weren’t as fortunate.
February and March’s long-term forecasts are improving and predicting a more “normal” end of Winter. We are working with our school and group bookings with the aim of finding alternate makeup days.
Christian Theberge, General Manager
My Recreational Mountain Cooperative, Shames Mountain