May 30, 2020
Dear Members, Pass Holders and Friends of MMC-Shames,
We hope this finds you all healthy and doing well.
We know many of you are curious to find out what we have planned for our 2020-21 operating season in light of the ongoing pandemic and associated public health orders.
During these uncertain times, it is difficult to look towards the future but we want you to know that we will be skiing and snowboarding again during the upcoming winter season. We are looking at all the possible scenarios and safety precautions, and are taking the necessary steps to ensure the safety of our staff, our guests, and our community.
This August, we will be launching our Super Early Bird Pass Sale.
- We recognize that purchasing a season pass in August, September or October for a ski season that may look different than usual is a considerable decision.
- We recognize that our governments could once again impose self-isolation protocols forcing us to shut down our operations.
- We recognize that people’s personal situations may change, and affect their decision to want or be able to ski and snowboard this winter.
We want all of you to be confident in your decision to purchase a MMC-Shames Mountain Season pass. We have established a few policies to address any concerns you may have with purchasing a season pass for next season.
- As always, we will be offering a Payment Plan option.
- We have created a No Questions Asked Refund policy up until October 1, 2020.
- Up until October 1, 2020 you can receive a full refund on your pass purchase for whatever reason you might need to revisit your purchase decision.
- We have created a Guaranteed Minimum Operating day policy to replace our Seasons Pass Cancellation Insurance. This will be offered freely for the 2020-2021 ski season.
- We Guarantee that MMC-Shames Mountain will be open a minimum of 50 operating days.
- For every operating day less than 50, you will receive a 2% credit toward the 2021-2022 ski season to a maximum of 76%
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you for the incredible ski season which ended abruptly in March because of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Though this was by no means the way we hoped the season would end, we cannot allow this virus to dampen the incredible memories and incredible skiing conditions we experienced during the 2019-2020 ski season.
Huge thanks need to go out to all our staff for working tirelessly to successfully deliver the best possible guest experience in all aspects of our operation. We would also like to thank our volunteers, road maintenance contractors, Shames Mountain Ski Club, Canadian Ski Patrol, and all the other moving parts that make MMC-Shames Mountain the magical place that it is.
We want to thank all of you for your patience and understanding and look forward to skiing with everyone next season.